Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is with " cutting "?

Why do kids cut? i am a parent and would greatly appreciate the help so i know what too do if it happens too one of my kids.
Answer:
Cutting is nothing new and its now restricted to the young. However, we face a new form now days.

In the past cutting has been a symptom of many disorders and involved creating physical pain in order to block emotional pain.

Today there is a fad among the younger ones called "Emo" and it involves cutting as an attention getter and for shock value.

Cutting is always dangerous and can be fatal. It creates scarring and infections, including staph and infections which can become septic. There is also the danger of cutting to the point that one cannot stop the bleeding.

If for any reason you know of any one who is purposing cutting themselves, they need psychological help on an emergency basis.

Dusty
So they can go get stoned. Have you ever tried to sit through a class stoned?
I guess it gives them something else to deal with besides emotional pain, instead of feeling that, they can feel something more real.
i have no idea...i think its the stupidest thing ive ever heard of...im 18 and i have a classmate that does it and she says "it releases endorphins" and it "makes you feel like your on a rollercoaster" WEIRD! if you ask me! i think people who cut have major issues and need to be sent to a shrink or councling or something.
i for one cant really speak for others who cut. but, i cut becuz i couldnt express my feelings to well. there was too much stress and too many problems. i couldnt deal wit them. cutting helped me deal wit how i was feelin at the moment.
ur best resource would be from a cutter if u know one/there r support groups out there also/just be very caring and supportive if it happens to ur child/be there for them
Because, it is a cry for attention.
Seek medical help immediately if you notice this in your children. Reason? Being abused in the past, hurting themselves to hurt other people, for attention to be cool. Unexplained "accidents" happening frequently are signs to look for. Cuts or burns that can't be explained.
People (not just children) cut themselves in order to let the emotional pain "out" of their body. It usually doesn't last long though .. and they have the urge to do it again within a week or so.

If your children are well-adjusted, you more than likely won't have to worry about your child/children developing this mental health issue.
kids and teens cut.. they just want know how it feels like..or..
they are upset, depressed, noway out of a problem, and stressed and has no way to tell other people.. so they hid themselves. blaming themselves...so they cut.. and some parents still think.. what could be wrong with my child. they are only kids how much stress could they have.. and some parents think their child is good because they don't show how they feel.
a teens mind.. complicated.
Physical pain drowns out emotional pain pretty well. I'm not quite sure what all they encounter to feel that way. But relationship problems is my thought.
I know that if I'm really depressed about something I don't want to resort to cutting myself, I'm older anyway, but I always seem to want a peircing or new tat around that time if I just had the spare cash. My ex, everytime he encountered a new stressful or emotional situation he would end up with a new tattoo. It's somehow an outlet for built up emotions. I've been there before.just haven't cut. Cutting is dangerous and unsanitary and leaves some ugly scars.so I don't know why they do it.
I've heard some places are on the wrists...small cuts. Sometimes covered with long sleeves or bracletes, inner thighs, abdomen, even toes I think (which I would think could get infected easily). Anywhere where people can't see them.
Other times I think some kids think it's just this new fad or something. Not sure. But if I knew someone who either wanted to cut to find that outlet or do drugs..I'd agree with cutting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net