Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is wrong with my tonsils?

I know this may sound disgusting but in my left tonsil there is always white stuff buried in there, that looks like gum, that makes my breath smell really bad. I stick in q-tips( while pratically gagging) but it still won't get all of the stuff out of there. Its been going on for months now and I am really frutrated. It's so embarrasing. Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how I can fix it. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Answer:
Sounds like your tonsil is infected. Only one can be infected. Tonsils are part of the body's infection defense system and many times the body concentrates the infection in the tonsil.

If you have tonsilitis or a strip throat, you cannot treat it yourself. You need to go see a doctor. Did you know the infection can cause other medical issues, including traveling to the heart and brain. GO SEE a doctor
Ooh, you might have some bacteria back there that is causing the odor and "tonsil cheese." Don't be embarrassed, but don't try to treat it yourself either. Get down to your doc so he can prescribe antibiotics.

Oh, and um, don't freak out, but I heard about a guy who got gonorrhea in his throat, so you could very well have a throat STD if you've been, um, well...you know...
doctors call, but Listerine, warm salt water peroxide all gargles do not swallow.
I get the same thing about once every three months. And I go to the doctor every time. And every time I'm terrified that they're going to take them out. The doctor tells me it's a virus and write me out a prescription. It clears up quickly. Just go to your doctor and tell them.
YUCK!!! COULD HAVE STREP. GO TO DOC.
You probably have cryptic tonsils. I have it. It is gross but what can you do? It is actually food and debris that gets trapped in the small holes in your tonsil. The doc told me to get a water pick and use that to clean out the debris. I use a tongue depressor and push the stuff out. Yuck-I know but if I dont clean it out about once a week then they tend to get sore and infected. There is nothing the can do about it and now most docs dont want to take out tonsils. Just keep the debris cleaned out and you will be fine. It can cause bad breath if you dont clean them out. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net