Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is your opinion about Kavorkian? Do you support doctor assisted deaths or not?


Answer:
I admire him for his courage, strength and determination. I do support doctor assisted deaths. I believe they are doing nothing wrong because the patient agreed to it, and they are administrating the drug themselves. Except in the case of a physical disability where they physically cannot perform the type of drug they are getting. Doctor assisted deaths are just making it painless. Why should someone have to suffer and die a painful and horrible death when they could die a painless, beautiful death with their family and friends among them. While some people might argue that if doctor assisted deaths were not available and people really wanted to kill themselves they would. But think. These people who are being helped to die, are sick. Some of them might be confined to a hospital bed, where they will be monitored. Some of them might be physically disabled such as Thomas Youk and they cannot do this. Some people might want to die a painless death instead of suffering. Some people might simply want to choose the death they get and not be handed it. As long as the patient is fully aware of what they are doing to themselves, understand what they are doing to themselves and consent to it, i fully support doctor assisted deaths.
If the patient is crazy enough to hire him I guess it's okay.
fuk that shyt if you really wanna die why are you gonna die by the hands of some nerdy friggin doctor I'd rather go out Scarface stylez or fighting friggin grizzly bear!! or choking on a pretzel. if it almost killed Bush then it must be a Honorable death
I respect doctor Kevorkian for his courage to stand up to the entire legal system,and try to change it,though i do not agree with the assisted suicide issue..
A person should not have to live the rest of their lives in a terminal condition of pain or agony or under heavy sedation, if they chose not to. Why should people be expected to suffer for what other people feel is moral?
I happen to agree with him, if your too sick do do anything at all, you can't even wipe your butt, why do you need to stay alive. The kids/ Gkids ain't gonna visit. My Mother was in a nursing home, None of my kids or relatives visited her, I could make it once a week


Your all alone, why continue a lonely miserable life
Doctor assisted deaths no, doctor assisted best choice for a death with dignity yes. Most doctors have a general problem with admitting they can't cure a patient, even if they are just old.

Hospice is a wonderful caring alternative to the megalomaniac that is Kevorkian.

Medically assisted deaths/euthanasia worked so well in Nazi Germany and it's working well in the Netherlands destroying the health care for anyone who is now deemed a candidate for assisted death.

I'm 55, if I contract pneumonia I want my doctor to treat it, not decided whether or not my quality of life will be less because of it when I recover. This is the problem people my age are facing in places where Dr Kevorkian's view is taking hold

Doctors should first do no harm. Treat the illness, care for the patient and make comfortable always validating the intrinsic value of every human being.
I am very happy he is out.
I don't think terminally ill patients who want to stop suffering should have to countine to live against their wishes.
IMO Jack Kevorkian is a GodSent.
If he asked me to assist him I would.
If there is no hope left I agree with assisted death.

We never let sick dying animals suffer do we!!
This is a question with no easy answer. On one hand, it may seem most kind to alleviate the suffering of someone who has a terminal or chronic, debilitating illness with no hope for cure. However, to try to imagine how the courts would lay out guidelines and ensure that all is carried out under stringent codes, rather boggles the mind. I am more apt to support palliative measures, such as very generous treatment with painkillers and sedatives to ease the transition.

As far as Kevorkian goes, from what I have read about his personal life, he has a strange and bizarre fascination with death, and, I believe, gets some sort of sick thrill watching people die. His walls are covered with paintings and pictures of death and dying. Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net